Choosing the right roofing contractor can be a stressful ordeal. This is especially true in the Memphis and West Tennessee area as well as North Mississippi and Eastern Arkansas. Why? Because there are a lot of “roofers” in our area. While
The things to consider before choosing a contractor can become stressful and even outright irritating and overwhelming. The roof issue you have alone can bring with it a fair amount of anxiety and worry. Then, on top of that, you have to sort through all of the available roofing contractors in your area to find one who will get the job done right while still being affordable. Understandably, you might not be sure about what makes a roofing contractor good or reliable, especially if you’re a new homeowner or have never needed one before.
So, we’d like to help ease all of the confusion, worry, anxiety, and help you get your roof fixed and your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
5 Critical Questions You Have to Ask Before Hiring A Roofing Contractor:
How much should you pay?
There’s no doubt that you’ll get a wide range of estimates. However, as you’ll see later, not all roofing contractor estimates are the same. Every contractor uses a different method to write up and provide estimates. So, what factors should you pay close attention to when comparing estimates:
- Materials: At Excellent Roofing, we only use the highest quality materials provided by the leading manufacturers in the United States. Make sure your contractor is using the best materials that provide warranty coverage.
- Licensed and Insured: Never hire a contractor who has an issue or seems offended that you asked for proof of coverage. And make sure they have liability coverage that will protect you if a crew member gets hurt on your property.
- Credentials: What credentials do they have? Ask about GAF MasterElite, CertainTeed Shingle Master, Owens Corning Preferred, etc. If they don’t have one of these credentials, then move on.
- On-site Differentiators: Do they provide a dedicated project manager? Do they provide restrooms for the crew? How does that crew break for lunch? These things matter a lot and will make your experience much much more hassle-free.
- Professionalism: Do they look professional? Are the vehicles and crew members easy to identify by the company brand?
Do these factors above mean the price will be higher?
Not at all. As a matter of fact, at Excellent Roofing, we provide all of these items above and more and you’ll find we’re in the middle range of the estimates you’ll receive. If we’re not, then ask us about our Best Price Guarantee.
While our pricing may be “middle of the pack,” our materials and our service aren’t. When it comes to providing a great experience and delivering the best product in Memphis, our expectations are high.
Does a higher price mean I’ll be receiving a better product?
Unfortunately, it doesn’t. And, if you do your homework and get multiple quotes, you won’t have a hard time finding a Memphis roofing company who is willing to give you a higher price and lower quality products.
But, you won’t get a better job and you definitely won’t get superior materials and top quality product anywhere in Memphis than you’ll receive from us at Excellent Roofing. And, to show how confident we are in this, we provide customers with our Best Price Guarantee.
Should I go with the lowest priced estimate I receive?
There’s an old saying, ”The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” We agree.
We encourage you to ask yourself these questions when deciding which company to work with:
- Do they give you the impression that they’re expertly certified roofers?
- Is their company name and messaging clear and visible on documents, vehicles, and clothing?
- Are they willing and able to provide you with the following:
- Copy of their contractor’s license?
- Proof of Workers Compensation coverage?
- Proof of Liability coverage?
Not only do these documents show credibility, more importantly, they also protect you as the homeowner or business owner if a worker is injured on the job.
How to read and compare our estimate with others?
Most estimates you receive from other roofing will at the surface look the same as what you receive from us. But, you should definitely look closely at the materials being used and be sure to ask each contractor to include the names of the materials they’ll be using.
There are major differences when you look closely at the materials are being used.
For example, both companies may be quoting a 30 year Architectural shingle.
But, you must look closely on the estimate and avoid those contractors that are using basic builders grade products, and a variety of different material manufacturers, instead of giving you a complete system from one manufacturer, which carries a much longer warranty.