Sun Tunnels Are Affordable Money Savers
Excellent Roofing is a Velux 5 Star Skylight Specialist for installing Sun Tunnels, which are a cost-effective way to bring natural light to virtually any room of your home. Velux uses breakthrough technology to capture light through a dome on the roof and channel it down through an internal reflective system. This tubing is far more efficient than a traditional drywall skylight shaft, which can lose over half of its potential light, and fits between rafters easily with no structural modification. At the ceiling level, a diffuser that resembles a recessed light fixture spreads the light evenly throughout the room.
With the Velux Sun Tunnels operating during daylight hours, electric lights are off which means no energy consumption. Velux Sun Tunnels also have insignificant heat gain, so air conditioning or heating are not affected. Alternatively, more heat would be lost through a small closed window. The cost of the Velux Sun Tunnel is more affordable than most traditional skylights since labor becomes a very large portion of the cost to frame out the skylight, drywall it, tape it, and paint it. Velux Sun Tunnels are a great way to reduce home energy use. Better yet, it qualifies for a credit of 30% up to $500 on your Federal Tax Returns.
Additional Details & Helpful Tools for Homeowners
- Tax credit for 30% of the cost of energy-efficient products up to a lifetime cap of $500.
- The tax credit applies to the cost of materials only (not installation costs).
- At the present time, this credit is available for 2018.
- The homeowner must save receipts and provide a Manufacturer’s Certification Statement.
- IRS Tax Form 5695 is the form the homeowner will use to apply for the tax credit.