- Sun Tunnels Are Affordable Money Savers
Excellent Roofing is a Velux Skylight Specialist for installing Sun Tunnels, which are a cost-effective way to bring natural light to virtually any room of your home. Velux uses breakthrough technology to capture light through a dome on the roof and channel it down through an internal reflective system. This tubing is far more efficient than a traditional drywall skylight shaft, which can lose over half of its potential light, and fits between rafters easily with no structural modification. At the ceiling level, a diffuser that resembles a recessed light fixture spreads the light evenly throughout the room.
With the Velux Sun Tunnels operating during daylight hours, electric lights are off which means no energy consumption. Velux Sun Tunnels also have insignificant heat gain, so air conditioning or heating are not affected. Alternatively, more heat would be lost through a small closed window. The cost of the Velux Sun Tunnel is more affordable than most traditional skylights since labor becomes a very large portion of the cost to frame out the skylight, drywall it, tape it, and paint it. Velux Sun Tunnels are a great way to reduce home energy use.
Better yet, you'll qualify for a generous tax credit on your tax returns.
Resources to help you:
Additional Details & Helpful Tools for Homeowners
- View the Tax Credit Table to see a yearly credit of the tax credit savings available.
- The tax credit applies to the cost of materials only (not installation costs).
- The homeowner must save receipts and provide a Manufacturer’s Certification Statement.
- IRS Tax Form 5695 is the form the homeowner will use to apply for the tax credit.